Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is one of the key elements of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) process used by Diesel Engine builders to meet EPA regulations. BlueDEF® is a nontoxic solution of 67.5 Percent purified water and 32.5 Percent ultra pure automotive grade urea. BlueDEF® is not a fuel or fuel additive. Instead, when injected into the exhaust stream and passed over a catalyst, BlueDEF® helps convert NOx into nitrogen gas and water vapour – two harmless and natural components of the air we breathe. BlueDEF® is stable, colorless and odorless, and meets ISO Standards 22241 for purity and composition and is an American Petroleum Institute (API) certified diesel exhaust fluid. These are the highest quality and safety standards in place to ensure optimum SCR performance. Making sure you do not run out of BlueDEF® in a SCR equipped truck is simple – watch the DEF gauge, which is part of the diesel fuel gauge, for when it is time to refill. DEF is stored in a dedicated tank next to the fuel tank on the driver's side. The tanks range in size from 6 to 23 Gallons depending on the truck's application. The DEF tank fill opening is designed to accommodate a DEF fill nozzle to ensure only DEF is put into the tank. A diesel fuel nozzle will not fit into the DEF tank opening. Our patented closed liquid dispensing system provides everything you need to effectively dispense your BlueDEF®. In order for BlueDEF® to work well product integrity is critical and our dispensing systems are the only way to maintain this quality. These reusable systems are also cost effective by providing a significant savings over single-use containers. BlueDEF® dispensing systems are available in configurations for fleet, retail and commercial applications. BlueDEF® is key to helping improve fuel economy by up to five percent while simultaneously reducing exhaust emissions.
- Reduces Emissions And Improves Fuel Economy
- Helps Convert NOx Into Nitrogen Gas And Water Vapour – Two Harmless And Natural Components Of The Air We Breathe
- Stable, Colorless And Odorless, And Meets ISO Standards 22241 For Purity And Composition
- Highest Quality And Safety Standards In Place To Ensure Optimum SCR Performance
- Tank Fill Opening Is Designed To Accommodate A DEF Fill Nozzle To Ensure Only DEF Is Put Into The Tank
- These Reusable Systems Are Cost Effective By Providing A Significant Savings Over Single-Use Containers
- BlueDEF® Is Key To Helping Improve Fuel Economy By Up To Five Percent While Simultaneously Reducing Exhaust Emissions